Attend On-site Or Live Online From Anywhere
GDPR Focused 3 Day Training Course
44 Welbeck Street, Marylebone,
London, W1G 8DY
27th - 29th August, 9:00 - 17:00
Early Bird Registration: £1695*
*Early Bird available until July 20th
What Is Data Protection Sensei?
It's Sensei Club’s premier 3 day professional training course that equips attendees with the essential skills and knowledge in the realm of GDPR, Data Protection and Privacy.
Please keep in mind prices are exclusive of VAT - see FAQ section below.
Private training available - please get in touch.
Martin de Bruin
What You'll Learn
- Accountability, privacy compliance and ISO27001
- What constitutes personal data
- The data protection principles
- Security of personal data
- Organisational risk management
- Legal requirements for a DPIA
- How to conduct a DPIA
- The rights of data subjects
- Data subject access requests
- Roles of controllers and processors, and the relationships between them
- Transferring data outside the EU
- How to prepare for GDPR compliance
- The role of the DPO
- Why GDPR exists and how it came to be
- UPDATE: DPO extras, Data Protection Act 2018
- 3 days in-Person Training by a certified, experienced profeessional
- Small classes, focused - limited to 20 delegates
- Data Protection Guide based on the new regulation
- Full set of notes, books and materials
- Snacks throughout
- Free cancellation up to 7 days in advanace
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - get your money back after day 1
- Contribute to Eliminating Structural Unemployment with our 1-for-1 program
- Exam - 90 questions, 120 mins
- Digital Certificate and SC badge to upgrade your LinkedIn profile
Skilled privacy professionals are in very high demand.
We can help you gain a competitive advantage by arming you with the knowledge and skills you need to get ahead in the job market, while contribtuing to your company's competitive advantage.
Martin de Bruin is a certified GDPR trainer that has 20 years of experience in information technologies, data management, cyber compliance and security. He has worked for the UK government and the UK national security services.
De Bruin provides training GDPR and CISMP for some of the largest training organisations, governments and corporations around the world on regular basis.
Who should attend?
- Data Protection Officers
- Data Protection Lawyers
- Records Managers
- Information Officers
- Compliance Officers
- Human Resource Officers
- Anyone who uses, processes and maintains personal data
- Data privacy professionals
What Can I Do When I Attend?
You will learn, discuss in group or in private with our experienced trainer, do practical hands on as well as theoretical exercises, ask questions specific to your industry or business. You will also get a lot of ideas, facts, tips and tricks, best practices information, as well as insights to help your company and yourself be more competitive, better prepared, with a firm grasp on the topic.
What others are saying
“With Martin’s thorough grip on the Regulation and systematic approach, there was nothing Martin couldn’t explain - the value was uncanny.” - Joseph P.
"I did not expect such a high level of training - Martin is outstanding! " - Ellie S.
“Martin’s ability to provide real life examples, his extensive knowledge and expertise in ISO27001 and Data Protection made the course the place to be.” - Annie B.
“It was a pleasure to attend Sensei Club’s Data Protection course - Martin delivered it with finesse and consistency.” - Victor R.
Prerequisites & Preparation
- There are no specific prerequisites for this course.
- We will provide you with a link to the live stream, as well as materials on the first day of training.
- Attending Live Online requires a good internet connection and a device of your choosing - laptop, computer or a tablet.
- Foundation Knowledge
- Discovering GDPR
- Terms & GDPR Basics
- Practitioner Knowledge
- Advanced GDPR topics
- Implementation guidance
- DPO specifics
- Data Protection Act 2018
Part 1 – Introduction to Data Protection in Europe
Part 2 - BREXIT
Part 3 – EU GDPR Basics
Part 4 - EU GDPR Scope
Part 5 – EU GDPR Terminology
Part 6 – EU GDPR Principles
Part 7 – Rights of the Data Subject
Part 8 – Essential Data Protection Obligations
Part 9 – Controller and Processor
Part 10 – Data Protection Officer
Part 11 – Supervisory Authorities
Part 12 – International Data Transfers
Part 13 – Remedies, Liabilities, Penalties
Part 14 – Opening Clauses & Derogations
Part 15 - Major changes – DPA to GDPR - Overview
Part 16 – Privacy and Electronic Communication Regulation (PECR) and e-Privacy Directive
Part 17 – Privacy by Design
Part 18 – Demonstrating Compliance
Part 19 – Setting up a programme
Part 20 - Data Protection Act 2018
I'm a fan, where are the goodies?
Awesome - here are some unisex t-shirts, women tank tops and hoodies.
Do you offer payment plans?
- Not yet, but many of our delegates receive full or partial reimbursment for their training from their
- Simply ask your manager or a collegue to find out if your company has a budget for education, training and/or employee development. There might be some criteria you'd need to meet.
- It's worth menitioning what your goals are and how these new skills will help you achieve them. Your new skills make you a more valuable part of any company. It’s always a win-win.
Are there ID or minimum age requirements to enter the event?
You need to be 18 or over to attend and a government issued ID will be required to confirm your identity.
What are my transport/parking options for getting to and from the event?
- We recommend using Goolge Maps for directions and parking options.
- There is no specific parking available at the venue.
What can I bring into the event?
- You can bring a laptop or a tablet, writing materials and anything else you might need.
- Pets are not allowed due to venue policy.
How can I contact the organiser with any questions?
Please visit senseiclub.com/connect with any questions.
What's the refund policy?
- Up to 14 days before the start date.
- Satisfaction Guaranteed - if at some point of the training you are not happy.
- No shows are not eligable for Satisfaction Guaranteed refunds.
- If you cannot make it due to extenuating circumstances - please get in touch at senseiclub.com/connect.
Why don't you charge tax/VAT?
This is a vocational training course and as such it is exempt from VAT under EU law.